- Short Biography (taken from the alt.fan.harrison-ford FAQ)
- Harrison Ford was born on July 13, 1942 in Chicago,
Illinois. He grew up in Park Ridge and Morton Grove, IL.
- His Parents are Christopher and Dorothy Ford. Christopher
is a former actor and advertising executive.
- Christopher is Irish-catholic, and Dorothy is
Russian-jewish. Harrison confesses to no religion. It's been reported in the media that he
has relations to Tibetian buddism, and Harrison has already spoken in the favor of the
- Harrison's younger brother, Terence (born 1945), is an
actor as well. He starred in a French soap-opera.
- Harrison met his first wife, Mary Marquardt, at the Ripon
College, in Ripon, Wisconsin.They married 1964 and got divorced in 1979.
- The sons from his first marriage are Benjamin (born
1967)and Willard (born 1969). Benjamin Ford is a Chef, and Willard Ford is teacher.
- Willard has one son, Eliel, who makes Harrison a
- Harrison met his second wife, Melissa Mathison Ford, on the
set of Apocalypse Now. They married on March 14th, 1983.
- Melissa Mathison Ford is a acknownledged script author,
known for "The Black Stallion", "E.T.", "The Indian in the
Cupboard" and "Kundun".
- Harrison and Melissa are the parents of Malcolm (born 1987)
and Georgia (born 1990).
- Harrisons lives in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. In recent years
the family spends the school year in New York.
- Interesting Facts ---
- Harrison's eyes have that magic hazel-color, which,
depending on the light and the clothing he's wearing, can look brown, green or blue.
- Harrison Ford somewhere between 1.83m (6 ft.) and 1.88m
(6.3 ft) tall, no one knows for sure.
- Harrison Ford doesn't have a middle name, although he has
been listed in his early movies as "Harrison J. Ford", but that was because
there has also been a silent actor by the name of Harrison Ford. But after "our"
Harrison found out that this one was already dead, he used his real name again.
- Harrison got his famous scar while driving home in Laguna
Canyon, CA and as he tried to adjust his seatbelt, he drove against a telephone pole and
hit his chin on the steering wheel. An assistant in the local hospital stiched it, but
obviously didn't do a very good job, and Harrison didn't have the money for plastic
surgery. Years later he joked to himself that the guy must have used paper clips.
- Harrison imortalized his hand and footprints in the cement
infront of the Mann's Chinese Theatre.
- There's also one of the stars on the Walk of Fame which
reads Harrison Ford, but that's for the aforementioned silent actor.
- Harrison starred in 7 of the 30 most succsessful movies of
- Harrison is the most succsessful actor of all time, and his
movies have earned over two billion dollars in the U.S. alone.
- Harrison starred in "Patriot Games" and
"Clear And Present Danger" as Jack Ryan. But some years before that he was also
offered both the Ryan and Ramiris Part in "Hunt for Red October" which he turned
- Sean Connery starred in "Indiana Jones and the last
Crusade" as Harrison's father, although he's only twelve years older.
- His manager is Patricia McQueeney, and he is her only
- Address for autographs:
- Patricia McQueeney Management
- 10279 Century Woods Drive
- Los Angeles CA 90067
- Movies that Harrison turned down: Hunt for Red October,
Dragonheart, Daylight, Metro, The Mirror has two Faces, I love Trouble, JFK, Ghost,
The Thin Red Line
- Air Force One set a new record for R-rated movies with its
opening weekend box-office income of $37.1mil
- Awards ---
- Academy Award nomination for best actor (Witness (1985)
- Nominations for the Golden Globe Award:
- Sabrina (1995)
- The Fugitive (1993)
- The Mosquito Coast (1986)
- Witness (1985)
- Won SF Film Saturn Award for Raiders Of The Lost Ark (1982)
- Honored at Mann's Chinese Theater on 3. June 1992
- Spencer Tracy Award at the UCLA 1994
- NATO/ShoWest Star of the Century in June 1994
- Harvard's Hasty Pudding Theatrical's 1995 Man of the Year
- Honored for his lifetime archivements at June 25th 1996
with the 22nd annual Saturn Award in Century City by the Academy of Science Fiction
Fantasy and Horror Films
- 1998 People's Choice Award for the most popular actor in a